Low-cost professional writing services for small businesses
I want to support people in pursuing their ambitions by providing professional writing services to small local businesses and freelancers. I understand small businesses and appreciate time is tight and budgets stretched. You don’t need anything too fancy, you just need customers to find you easily and be interested in what you do.
The right words can make all the difference.
Get the words your small business needs
Small Business Writing: Services
#1 Take a Load Off
Your holiday from continual writing demands like blogs and social media.
Social media, blogs and emails are ongoing writing task. Whether you need days or months, leave these to me so you can focus on what you do best. How it works:
- An informal chat. Let me know how long you want off from your ongoing writing tasks, how often you normally post and what you’d like to be saying to your customers.
- I’ll suggest some regular content output that would benefit a your business.
- If you’re happy, I’ll take the reins on writing for as long as you need, and make a plan for you to carry on when you’re ready.
- Come back to a simple content release calendar, planned and scheduled, ready for you to pick back up with clarity and ease.
#2 Digital Boost
Get your existing online presence in shape, without the hassle.
If you already have a basic website but still aren’t reaching customers, a quick digital boost might be all you need. The process:
- A copy analysis. I will look at your website and social channels to identify areas for improvement and optimisation.
- SEO health check. To make sure everything is in place to rank higher in Google and other search engines.
- Digital estate copy and web traffic flow. Checking and creating links within and between your website and social platforms, to make your online presence consistent, funnelling more customers to you.
#3 The Blank Page
Got your idea but don’t know where to start? Let’s bring it to life together.
The blank page is a difficult beast. You could write anything but you could write, well…anything. Know what you want to say, but don’t know where to start? I’ll find the words for you, in 3 steps:
- An informal chat. Brain dump on me. I’ll give you a few verbal prompts, you let loose.
- I write a clear summary of your business and vision. If you like it, we start part 3. If not, I redraft.
- I create a neatly structured and easy-to-follow business plan. This will be professionally presented, telling the story of what your business is and provide a roadmap to get you started.
- (Optional extra) I create a simple microsite and social media infrastructure, giving your new business the basic building blocks to thrive in the digital space.
Material Evolution Lab ltd
Materials innovation and R&D company.
“Jamie wrote and built our original website when we first launched, working with us from pre-start to understand our business and how we wanted to present ourselves to potential customers. He developed the structure and story behind the customer journey for anyone landing on the site, and helped us to reach page 1 of Google for key search terms we wanted to rank for.” – Christa Leask, Founder & Director
EDGE Meal Prep
Healthy lifestyle meals preparation and delivery service.
“Jamie helped me to write my menus and promotional flyers. He was quick, easy to work with, and affordable for a small business needing straightforward writing support.” – Ashley Edgley, Business Owner
Safety barrier manufacturer and global supplier.
“We have worked with Jamie since 2017. He has provided writing and content leadership in all areas of our marketing. Web copy, emails, product brochures, film scripts, blogs, thought leadership articles, and social media. He understands our business and how best to represent us to clients. His work is always to the highest standard and his passion for his craft makes him a delight to work with.” – Kerri Mallinson, Head of Content & Digital Marketing